1. Information collection
WiseMind may collect personal information about you when you use the Website and especially:
- when you register to the Website;
- when you buy a licence to the Website content;
- when you subscribe to the mailing list, register to the forum, post a comment on the Website;
- when you fill out a form or a questionnaire on the Website;
- and generally we may collect information about how you use the Website.
In this context, personal information held by us may include:
- your IP address;
- your name, address and contact details (including email and telephone);
- date of birth;
- bank account or credit card details;
- for filmmakers submitting their films via the Website, general information about the film.
- help us remember and process your orders on the Website;
- understand and save your preferences for future visits;
- keep track of advertisements;
- compile, aggregate data about the Website traffic and interaction so we can offer you better
- experiences and tools in the future.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly / you will not be able to use the services made available on the Website.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
3. Use of information
Your personal information may be used the following ways:
- verify your identity;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to administer a contest, a promotion, a survey or other site feature;
- personalise your experience;
- research and develop our services;
- to send periodic information.
Please note, the email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information.
If at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
4. Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5. Third party links
WiseMind does not take any responsibility for its advertisers, outgoing links or any other part of its website that is not under direct or total control of WiseMind. We advise that users read the privacy policies of external sites before submitting personal information.
6. Access and updates
You have the right to request access to any personal information held by WiseMind which relates to you in the manner permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). To view and update your record, or if you wish to have your personal information deleted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Storage and security
WiseMind will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. WiseMind also takes reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints concerning this policy, please contact: email@example.com or use the "Contact us" form available on the Website.
Modified on 5 Oct 2017