The Legacy of Trauma
Session 2 of 29Duration 10mins 56secs
In this session, Janina reviews the influence of being abused, frightened or traumatized in context of the family, the neighborhood, school, work and the community. She investigates the environments that can trigger the response and how when you are triggered it feels real.
Janina considers the various responses when being triggered including: losing interest in things that used to be important, trouble concentrating or sleeping, and being jumpy and anxious all the time. She also looks at the connection to anxiety, depression, panic attacks, social anxiety, substance abuse, eating disorders, suicide and self-harming.
Important Session Information
- Select a quiet comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Headphones will increase your level of intimacy and engagement.
- Subtitles/captions: click here to learn how to change subtitle formatting.
- Ensure optimal internet quality and service - use an internet speed tester to check
- Please view our 'Personal Care' statement before starting the session.
- Session audio is designed for personal use not a group setting.